Friday, March 30, 2007

Hope is the key word here....



I have a confession to make.

My favourite football team is Tottenham Hotspur.

Nope, not Manchester United...not Liverpool...not even Real Madrid.

It's Spurs and it has been since I was 9 years old.

I don't know why I was attracted to cheer for them actually. As far as my memory goes, they were not among the more "exciting and happening" teams in the league.

They were not as exciting as Arsenal, not as flamboyant as Manchester United and not as legendary as Liverpool. Hell, even Queens Park Rangers were better than them at some time.

But, they have something incredibly unique about them that I just don't know how to describe it in words. They remind me about the kind of guy who have high hopes of reaching the top and making a change, but will never get there because deep down inside, he knows there's a lot more to go and there are lots of other guys who are better than him.

Honestly, they remind me of ME.

I know I have a lot to learn. As I go along, I learn something new every single day. And hopefully, I'll keep on learning until I stop breathing.

One of the most precious thing that I've learnt is never assume anything. If you don't know, just ask. Assuming, for me is so overrated. Because, let's face it. We're not that smart. As intelligent you can be, you still might not know a thing or two.

I have no idea when will Spurs reach the top. Until then, I'll just hope that someday, that moment will come.

Maybe that guy will reach the top too.

No comments: