Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Laugh it out loud....

I have been told by a lot of people that I have a gift. And they say, I don't have to do anything to show it off. People will just know I have that gift.

They say I have the gift of making people laugh.

Quite interesting isn't it? But I kind of noticed that too. I don't have to say anything funny, people will laugh by just looking at me. I'll just do my thing, whether it's just talking or just a stare, and the next thing I know, I'll have them in stitches. Without any intention of being funny, I actually came across as a hilarious guy. Sometimes, in conversations or discussions with friends, there's always a huge laugh right after I'm done talking. And all I did, was just talk and saying something that was on my mind.

Strange yet amusing, right?

One friend has a very interesting way of describing how funny I was. He said, if I was to enter a comedy contest, I don't have to crack a joke or even say word when I got up on stage. Just stand there, be still, and I'll end up winning the whole thing. Although it's quite flattering to hear that kind of compliment, but still there's a sense of awkwardness when I heard that.

To some, they might take that as an insult or feel disrespected. But I'm ok with it. I mean, I dont feel disrespected or anything. But still, if it happens too frequently, it's gets a little uncomfortable. It's like, once in a while, a little bit of...you know...like...err...acknowledgement...is very much welcomed too.

But, hey, a gift is a gift. I should be thankful I guess. It's much better making people laugh rather than making people mad. At least when they laugh, they're happy. If it makes them happy, then good for them. I'm kind of used to being laughed at anyway.


Who knows, maybe one day, I'll be laughing too.

No comments: