Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's better to stay on the ground...

I think, of all the values and qualities that a person have or might have, the most underrated trait is humility.

Why?

Because there's a lot of people out there who thinks that being humble is a sign of not having enough self confidence..or a sign of weakness.

Most of us have something that we can boast or brag about to our friends, relatives or even someone that we just met 5 minutes ago. Believe me, I've met a lot of them.

I'm just not good at bragging. Maybe I've nothing to brag about. I'm not rich, I'm not a genius or an intellectual, I work with a meagre amount of salary, Hell, I can't even drive a car. So, what's there to brag about, right?

But, by being humble and moderate, doesn't mean you're not confident of yourself. Because what's the point of bragging if you can't even honestly prove to yourself about anything that's going on in your life. I always believe that by combining humility and rationality, You can make more sense of your life and anything that revolves around it.

I get a lot of flak from a lot of people because of my "excessive humbleness", as perceived by a lot of my mates.

"Ko ni, merendah diri sangatlah. Konfiden lah sket."

"Ko ni mcm pak angguk. Asyik angguk je."

Yup, I get that a lot.


I'm ok with that. I guess I'm cool with being underrated.


It's better than being overrated.

No comments: