Thursday, March 06, 2008

My niece and Me Vol. 1

My niece will be 5 years old this year. She's smart, adorable, funny and sarcastic, all at the same time. She calls me maman, which is her slang for paman, a javanese term for uncle.

Yes folks, I have no qualms about admitting my ethnicity. I'm Javanese.

But that's not the point. I don't know why but I have this weird feeling that my sister has been secretly teaching my niece on how to make me feel miserable.

Case in point: Telephone conversation ( 5th March 2008)


Maman tengah buat apa?

Maman tengah minum.

Maman minum dengan sapa?

Maman gi minum sorang-sorang lah.

Kenapa maman suka pegi minum sorang-sorang?

Saja je. Kenapa?

Tak best lah minum sorang-sorang.

Kenapa pulak tak best?

Sebab kalau duduk sorang-sorang, nanti orang cakap kita macam orang gila.


Is it just me, or am I right about my sister?

No comments: